[Sca-cooks] Preserved lemons (was: More loot...)

galefridus at optimum.net galefridus at optimum.net
Wed Dec 28 09:03:50 PST 2011

Preserved lemons for Moroccan cookery are made with salt, not sugar. And you use them in tagines or anywhere else a lemon flavor would be appropriate. I cant't recall offhand where I've seen the recipes, but there are several examples of medieval use of the things. I'll do some poking around and let the list know.