[Sca-cooks] Eaties

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Dec 30 14:55:14 PST 2011

Came across this tonight in one of those end of the year lists.

I guess Eater Nation found it in the New York Post.
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/cooked_goose_QBew5xUdlSu1jGgorQrFZI?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=
"TV food person/neologist Rachael Ray has coined a new term: "Eaties,"
which she defines as people who "eat a lot." Quote Ray, referring to
Cheech Marin and Lou Diamond Phillips, both contestants on her
absolutely stellar-looking upcoming show, Rachael vs. Guy: Celebrity
Cook-Off:

"Going in, I knew that Cheech and LDP were good cooks, but a lot of
them just wanted to become better at working with food and consider
themselves foodies because they are eaties, they eat a lot."
So it seems safe to assume that someone like Homer Simpson would be an
eatie. Also, it's a separate term from "foodie": one can be a foodie
and an eatie, or one and not the other."

Ok, so if we eat medieval foods, does that make us medieval eaties too?

Johnnae