[Sca-cooks] Mirrauste

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Wed Dec 7 02:27:36 PST 2011

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 18:30:21 -0500
From: Craig Daniel <teucer at pobox.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: [Sca-cooks] Mirrauste

I have a little bit of trouble believing the proportions in this recipe. In
particular, I don't believe I've ever seen even well-done redactions of
period recipes that call for quite that much cinnamon.
- Jaume de Mon??

I don't know - I make a cinnamon cake that has two tablespoons of cinnamon
in it, which must be pretty close to about an ounce (in a standard sized
loaf cake with about 8oz of flour in it). It's not hugely screamingly
CINNAMON flavoured (the way some cinnamon cordials are that I've tasted).

Angharad