[Sca-cooks] Deep-Fried Everything!-OT

David Friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sat Dec 10 18:53:48 PST 2011

At Thu, 24 Nov 2011 15:14:58 +1100, Margare t Rendell wrote:
>Banana fritters and icecream/tinned lychees and icecream/(sometimes) fried icecream
was the fairly standard dessert selection in Chinese restaurants as I was growing up. I
haven't seen the bananas so much recently - but I don't know if that's a general trend,
or a function of the fact I've moved from small towns to an urban area with lots of
Asian immigrants.

>Margaret

We live in an area with lots of Asian immigrants (San Jose), and fried banana with whipped cream and a cherry is a prettystandardChinese restaurant desert.

David/Cariadoc
www.daviddfriedman.com
daviddfriedman.blogspot.com/