[Sca-cooks] a Viking-challenge?

Dan Schneider schneiderdan at ymail.com
Sun Dec 11 01:16:36 PST 2011

Hej!

I agree with Ana about the apples, honey and nuts, or what about barley flatbreads folded while warm over a mixture of blueberries lingon (you can use cranberries if you're in the States) and strawberries cooked down to a fairly thick jam? you wouldn't need to add honey or extra sugar, but an apple or two with the skins on would add extra pectin for thickening.

I'm not so sure about the rhubarb, though; I've gotten the impression that rhubarb wasn't around in Scandinavia as early as the VA. Not sure about the Viking periphery, though.

Dan