[Sca-cooks] Period Pie contest at Gulf Wars?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Dec 25 01:44:48 PST 2011

I second this, please.

How did you know that this redaction was based on one in Scappi? I
didn't see that in the blog. Oh!, okay, it's your blog. lol.

What is the "1/2 musto" he calls for? Mustard seed? Mustard sauce? How
much?

That was one of the reasons I was looking for the original recipe.

I have this one file in the Florilegium, but as you can see, it's not
very big. :-(
ribs-msg          (10K)  6/30/02  Period rib recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/ribs-msg.html

Putting them on a spit, isn't the first way that occurred to me to
cook ribs. Is there an advantage over just putting them on a grill
over the fire?

Is that coriander or rosemary that he has tied to the ribs? He doesn't
mention this, but perhaps, as in some items in period recipes, this
kind of addition is just expected.

Ribs often seem to sell in the store for fairly low prices, compared
to what they sell for in restaurants. And I'm always interested in
more good, period recipes. So does anyone else have some more favorite
period rib recipes and/or redactions?

Thanks,
   Stefan

Dear David:  could I humbly request the citation from Scappi, in
English, please?

Sincerely,
Selene Colfox

--------