[Sca-cooks] Making sausage

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 19:46:20 PST 2011

Shoshanah said:
<<< We use our Big Green Egg to smoke things.  We bought my husband
theModernist Cuisine for his birthday and he's been having fun with
it.  Wehave a commercial grade water bath so he's been making 48 hour
ribs.  Smokethe ribs for 7-8 hours and then sous-vide them for 48.
Yum Yum!  He makesthe vinegar sauce because that's what I like.  He's
made the 72 hourbrisket too.  Modernist Cuisine seems to lean heavily
on sous-vide but helike doing it and the food comes out really nicely.

What is a commercial grade water bath and how do you use it in making
ribs?  And what do you mean by "sous-vide"?

Thanks,
    Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com