[Sca-cooks] Skyr as desert was Viking-challenge?

Saami Mom Yaini0625 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 18:02:51 PST 2011

Yummmmm! Skyr. There is a pretty descent Skyr in California by the brand Siggi's. It is based Siggi's Icelandic Grandmothers recipe. It does have agave as a sweetner but the plain flavor is pretty darn close to the Icelandic skyr.
That is another idea. In Iceland skyr is served plain with raw sugar, cream, and fresh fruit as condiments. I lived on it and craved skyr.is ( pronounced skyr-poon-ter-ees) while pregnant. Skyr is naturally low fat and unless sugar is added low sugar.
Blessa
Aelina Vesterlundr

Sent by the Collective
Resistance is futile.