[Sca-cooks] a Viking-challenge?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 15:51:59 PST 2011

Hrothny explained:
<<<  The feast is supposed to be correct-to-period, but my bet is that
the host,
who is doing the cooking with his non-reenactment wife, is going to be
serving 'traditional Norse' foods. >>>

I'm not sure that it fits as a dessert, but there is always the
Icelandic H=E1karl (fermented shark). :-)

<<< These guys are well trained as Norse
fighters, but research is not their strong suit, however hospitality
sure
is! So I was trying to think of something I could transport 5 1/2
hours>>>

Ohhhh. That alone might rule out the H=E1karl. Or Lutefisk.

<<<  that
wouldn't require cooking onsite as I'm sure their kitchen is going to be
off-limits and still would be something that would make the guys all
say,
"hey, I like that. Is that what we could eat during demos?" >>>

That latter requirement probably rules out many Icelandic period dishes!

Including this one. Fairly simply to make and a dessert dish.

======