[Sca-cooks] Cheesemaking books?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 15 13:13:18 PST 2011

Christianna said:
<<< I tried to access the Florilegium this morning and keep getting an
error
message that it can't be found :-( >>>>

As far as I know, it hasn't been down. I just checked and it seems to
be okay. You can always email me directly and I'll see how I can help,
perhaps by emailing a file(s) directly to you.

<<< I've had a question about [recommendations for] a good book for
beginning cheesemakers.  Any
advice out there? >>>

If you can get to the Florilegium, in the FOOD-DAIRY section:
Cheese-Making-art (30K)  9/29/97  "Cheese Making for the Compleat
Novice" by
                                      Lady Aoife Finn.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/Cheese-Making-art.html

cheesemaking-msg (160K) 2/ 9/08 Comments and info. on cheesemaking.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-DAIRY/cheesemaking-msg.html

I believe the cheesemaking-msg file also has some recommendations on
good books to get.

Probably not for the beginning cheesemakers, there are also these
recipes in the FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS section:
About-Cheese-art  (12K)  3/ 4/05    "About Cheese" A tranlation by
Aelianora de
                                        Wintringham of a 1556 letter
on Swiss
                                        cheese and dairy products.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/About-Cheese-art.html

Ital-cheese-art   (12K)  8/ 2/08    "16th Century Italian Cheese
Recipes" trans.
                                         by Mistress Helewyse de
Birkestad.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MANUSCRIPTS/Ital-cheese-art.html