[Sca-cooks] cordials

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 14:35:51 PST 2011

Cariadoc asked:
<<< The cordial was brandy based, with fresh ginger, honey, white
pepper, clove
and cinnamon, considerably less of the latter three than the ginger.
It was
very smooth, and the undertones bloomed in the mouth after the swallow.

I've never looked into cordials--for one thing, they are forbidden for
my persona. What sort of sources do we have for them? >>>

I don't think we have any specific recipes. This one sounds
conceivably period from some of our previous discussions. It is the
ones that use various fruits in them, that I think we've had more
doubts on.

Some of our previous discussions on cordials can be found in this
Florilegium file, and especially any evidence and documentation that
has been mentioned.
cordials-msg (157K) 12/ 1/09 Period cordials and liqueurs. SCA
creations.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/cordials-msg.html

Stefan

--------