[Sca-cooks] preserved lemons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Dec 28 19:04:06 PST 2011

Shoshanah said:
<<< Since I learned how easy it is to make preserved lemons we always
have a
jar in the refrigerator.  I use meyer lemons when I can get them.  I'm
not
going to pay $12.00 for 2 preserved lemons at the fancy store! >>>

I had imagined these as being dried, but it sounds more like these are
actually brined or pickled. since they don't dry out completely.

I believe we've talked about some Middle Eastern dishes previously
these are used in, but what do you do with them?

I think there is some more info on these in this Florilegium file, or
are we speaking of something else?

presrvd-lemons-msg(45K) 10/29/11 Dried, pickled and salted preserved
lemons.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-FRUITS/presrvd-lemons-msg.html

Thanks,
   Stefan