[Sca-cooks] "Middle eastern" drinks for pregnant people

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jan 17 16:22:01 PST 2011

High risk pregnancy... remembering my months of bedrest and prolonged
vomiting,
I'd suggest ginger ales and ginger drinks with ice for the lady in
question. Ices and ice cream might
be offered. Maybe some fresh fruits and yogurt dips. Sugar wafers.
I wouldn't go very far beyond what she is comfortable with on a daily
basis. Things may sound really
good but that first taste can often set another vomiting spell.
If she's having a bad day or week or the blood pressure has spiked,
she may not be able to even attend.
(Bed rest is still recommended for many high risk pregnancies.)
Who knows what will happen in another 4 months or how she will feel
then?

Johnnae

She isn't real hot on the sekanjabin.  It was my first thought.
Evidently
it was served at Caerthen 12th night and it made her sick. (She is 2
months
along, everything makes her sick)

Aldyth