[Sca-cooks] Help me drink beer (semi-OT)

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:58:18 PST 2011

I don't care for hoppy beers. Not in the LEAST. I rarely finish a
glass of beer, and if I do, you know it was good :-) Last commercial
beer I really really liked was Holy Moses Wit by Great Lakes Brewing
Company. I've seen it in Whole Foods around here, but it may be a
regionally distributed only type beer. It's a witbier - belgian wheat
beer style, light on the hops, and it has chamomile in it. Light and
yum. Otherwise, I tend to the sweet stuff to overcome the hops. Youngs
Double Chocolate Luxury Stout isn't half bad, esp if you like dark
chocolate, and the dark roast (almost burnt toast) flavor that
Guinness has. Also, definitely try lambic - as suggested before, they
really are their own unique thing.

Have you tried going to your local specialty brew store and asking for
recommendations?

Ilsebet