[Sca-cooks] Help me drink beer (semi-OT)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Jan 18 23:58:59 PST 2011

chimene suggested:
<<< Google both Gruit and Lambic... the wiki article on Lambic includes a big list (12-20?) of BELGIAN Lambic breweries!  And the Gruit article mentions one Belgian gruit by name and brewery, and has a couple of likely looking links. >>>

Here in the US, Texas specifically, will I likely find these lambics in a well-stocked grocery store or will I need to be searching specifically in beer and liquor stores?

Will they likely say "Lambic" on the label somewhere? Or will I have to find likely brands and search for those specific brands and then narrow it down from there?

Even if an unusual beer, it still might be easier than finding cider and mead, which seem to be a very hit-and-miss process around here.

Thanks,
Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com