[Sca-cooks] Help me drink beer (semi-OT)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 19 12:31:44 PST 2011

Stefan wrote:
>Here in the US, Texas specifically, will I likely find these lambics
>in a well-stocked grocery store or will I need to be searching
>specifically in beer and liquor stores?
>
>Will they likely say "Lambic" on the label somewhere? Or will I have
>to find likely brands and search for those specific brands and then
>narrow it down from there?
>
>Even if an unusual beer, it still might be easier than finding cider
>and mead, which seem to be a very hit-and-miss process around here.

I don't know about Texas, but here in Berkeley Lambic (says so on the
label; Lindemans is the only brand i have seen) is sold in Whole
Foods and a small local supermarket chain called Andronicos (8
shops). Don't know about major food chains because other than WF, cuz
i tend to shop in smaller and/or local shops.

I hear that some people complain Lindemans is too sweet, but i find
it pleasant. There may be other less sweet brands in specialty shops.

Searching on Google, another Belgian brand that turns up is Cantillon
(i never had it), plus i see that Sam Adams makes a cranberry
lambic...
--
Someone sometimes called Urtatim