[Sca-cooks] Carrots in period

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Sat Jan 22 03:28:04 PST 2011

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 19:46:40 -0600
From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Carrots in period

One of my nephews got for Christmas a plant root toy/aquarium. Sort of like
the ant farm I remember from being a kid with plastic sides except you watch
the carrots, onions and radishes grow rather than the ants. It came with
packets of seeds for each type of vegetable. Until that point I didn't
realize that carrots generated seeds. I thought they only grew by sprouting
from roots. I remember in school cutting off the carrot top and putting it
in water to grow. Always something new to learn. :-)

Stefan
--------

ROTFL.
Sorry, Stefan. I find that highly amusing. I guess there wasn't much wild
carrot around where you grew up?
Incidentally, you can grow pineapples the same way. That is, you slice the
top off a pineapple and plant it. This is actually how they grow pineapples
commercially (at least in Australia).

Angharad