[Sca-cooks] OT: Anyone on this list in Denver, CO?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 00:16:19 PST 2011

Mirianna Wrenne replied to my inquiry about whether there were any members of this list in Denver, CO.

First Mirianna, I want to thank both you and Gwen Cat for replying to my inquiry. I've sent both you emails explaining further my reason for the inquiry. I still have no idea whether I might end up there for a while or not, but your responses were encouraging and reassuring.

I'd also like to welcome you to this list. Since the list has been a bit quiet lately, I'd also like to take advantage of this and ask you if anything specific brings you to this list and what your level or interest in medieval foodstuffs might be.

We have folks of all levels here, from those just learning to cook, much less medievally, to those who have cooked feasts for hundreds to cookbook authors and major cookbook and food researchers. We have people who have cooked professionally and people who just cook a medieval meal now and then.

In the 14? year life of this list, it has been remarkably free of flamewars and many folks have became close friends even if some of us have never met in person or have just briefly met at events such as Pennsic. So sometimes the conversation will drift from strictly medieval foods or preparing SCA feasts.

So, feel free to ask questions and step in if you have an answer. I've already asked enough stupid questions and "why"s that you don't need to feel embarrassed or concerned about doing the same.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com