[Sca-cooks] Redaction

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Jan 24 15:30:14 PST 2011

--On Monday, January 24, 2011 11:15 PM +0000 yaini0625 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Why do we use the word redaction instead of Adaptation?
> Aelina

I think because the it's a nice word, and its a good shorthand for "the
results derived from my written working of X" as well as "my written
working of X". Frankly, both are applicable in different contexts:

Adaptation - the product you are serving at the table. Interpretation is
equally valid here.

Redaction - your written out reworking of the original recipe or
description.

Together, a dish for which you've also provided the recipe in your own
words is an adaptation/interpretation and a redaction.

toodles, margaret