[Sca-cooks] OT - G'day Lords and Ladies and more on pies

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 26 15:42:46 PST 2011

Thorvald wrote:
>Moth larvae.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchetty_grub

The description makes them sound pretty tasty! I suspect i would be
more willing to eat them lightly cooked, though, than if they were
still wiggling, when i would probably be a bit hesitant...

I suspect they wouldn't seem so yucky in a vast vast desert where
they are one of the very few decent sources of tasty protein.

Earthworms don't have much taste. But ants can be tasty... crunchy
and tangy, but not so terribly full of nourishment for a large human
as those huge larvae.
--
Urtatim [that's err-tah-TEEM]
the persona formerly known as Anahita