[Sca-cooks] Automatic Translations - Apicus Translation

Sam Wallace guillaumedep at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 17:01:04 PST 2011

Suey,

Thanks for the link! To add a hint of irony to the mix and to prove the
author's point, I used Google Translate to skim the text. In the very
first sentence, it translated the same word in the same context
differently (mezquinos = petty/mean).

Guillaume

I haven't read the Apicus Translation on line but Luis Espanol calls automatic translations: "The Poetic Machine." He goes on to say they are useful for translating single words or how to make spaghetti. Anything more complicated then that, he insinuates, is 'poetry'. His article in Spanish:
http://www.opinionpublicada.com/2010/11/traducciones-automaticas-la-maquina.html
is most amusing.
Suey