[Sca-cooks] MisRepresenting the Outlands was snails....

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 27 17:34:05 PST 2011

Sorry Mirianna,
as a fellow 'Northern Outlander' I have to disagree with you.
While a feast of only unusual foods might have trouble selling except to a
select audience,  a feast with tasty period food including some 'unusual' items,
has no trouble (other than the usual propensity of Outlanders to not reserve in
advance.

For instance at the last Crown Tournament I cooked for, I included Schmalz (the
pork drippings version) in the appetizer/on the table nibbles course.  Yes a few
tables did not touch theirs, but others practically licked the bowls (and yes,
it was identified in the menu :-)  And no honey butter to be had :-)

Purr
Gwen Cat