[Sca-cooks] Green stuff and brown glop

lcm at jeffnet.org lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Jan 28 11:05:30 PST 2011

have to second that. The really poor dental health tends to show up
when the amount of sugars in the diet go up, be it the difference
between a native diet and a Westernized one, or the early medieval
period and the Elizabethans (who LOVED their sweets).
 Liutgard
 On Fri 01/28/11 10:55 AM , Mark Hendershott crimlaw at jeffnet.org
sent:
 I think I recall seeing reports that analysis of skeletal remains
 from the (early?) medieval period revealed pretty good teeth and
that
 poor dentition began to be more noticeable later on.
 Simon Sinneghe
 Briaroak, Summits, An Tir
 At 10:45 AM 1/28/2011, Johnnae wrote:
 >I am left thinking that dental care being what it was, things that
we
 >might call
 >glop might have been deemed edible in those days of eating
primarily
 >with spoons
 >and a knife. If one has lost a few teeth....
 >
 >Johnnae

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org