[Sca-cooks] Panforte

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sat Jan 29 10:30:07 PST 2011

Are you making your own candied gourd?
Also I am interested in your choice of amounts.
This does seem very "bread" like and not so much "panforte" like (having not made it yet).
I thinking of upping the spice and fruit ratio and lowering the flour amounts and using more honey.
I think this would become more "cake" like (quotation marks used because it is not really bread, panforte or cake).
Obviously your choices are totally appropriate, but the thinking behind them is what intrigues me.
I will post my redaction, interpretation, adaptation after I candy some gourd.
The saba making is tomorrow so I should probably prepare for that!
Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net