[Sca-cooks] Beer

mich0067 at flinders.edu.au mich0067 at flinders.edu.au
Sun Jan 30 14:44:24 PST 2011

<<It has been a very long time since I lived in Papua New Guinea and lived
amongst a number of Aussies and New Zealanders...but when I was there,
Fosters was very popular, along with Victoria Bitters.  It was a real
eye-opener as to how much more alcoholic VB was than most European or
American brews!>>

Oh dear god - please don't judge us on our mega-swill lagers.  I don't know any
Aussies that drink Fosters, though I've heard it's not as bad as it's rep makes
out.  VB is just minimal malt and a LOT of hops (like most of the beer for the
large breweries).  At least, if you're going to judge us, judge us on Coopers
=) - at least that's still Australian Made.  I'm pretty sure that's being
exported these days.

Though our craft beers are so much nicer - but then I guess so are everybody's.
American craft beers have a really good rep - and European microbrewery beers...
*drools a little*