[Sca-cooks] tasting table

Philip Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 31 06:06:21 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-01-31 at 07:43 -0500, Saint Phlip wrote:
> Stefan, you can set these up however you prefer. The reasons for
> bringing a bunch of different things is to help people find something
> they like, give them a wider idea of what's available, and share the
> work. Certainly, it's quite possible to assign a series of dishes to a
> group of people, but unless several either live together or very
> close, or it's an event that lasts a couple days, it's generally not
> practical for people to try to cook together. People in cooking guilds
> tend to live fairly far apart, and event facilities tend to be used
> for the formal meals.
>
> Certainly, depending on circumstances, all of these issues can be
> overcome, but when you're dealing with a bunch od volunteers,
> flexibility's the key.
>
> I liked the idea a great dealo when the EK Cook's Guild was doing it.
> It might be time to rattklre a few trees, and see if we can get people
> doing it again.

I also liked the way the tasting tables ran; it was a great way not only
to introduce people to new foods, but also to get live feedback on works
in progress from people interested in your project. "I tried that recipe
several years ago, I found it is better to add the cumin before cooking
because..."

Adamantius