[Sca-cooks] The Perfectly Period Feast II

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 20:08:52 PST 2011

Juana Isabella commented:
<<< At a feast I cooked a couple of months ago (The Perfectly Period Feast II), I did make an effort to source some of the ingredients at the higher end of the quality/ expense/ spectrum. Certainly not all, but some ... for example, a whole, sustainably raised Atlantic salmon rather than a Pacific salmon even though the Pacific would have been cheaper. Period Europeans would have eaten the Atlantic species. (We almost didn't either, but that's another story.) >>>

OH! You were the cook for The PPF II!

There were a few comments given here, but not many and not enough for me to create a nice article to encourage other folks to have a similar feast. I'm assuming that your feast was similar to the First Perfectly Period Feast but I've never heard the details or even a menu.

If you have created a report on this feast, or would be willing to, I'd love to have it to create another file similar to this one. Maybe we can give folks the encouragement that another similar feast will be done in the future. I would love to attend such a feast in Ansteorra!

For instance, I'd like to hear more about what happened with this Atlantic Salmon. At the least, perhaps it would give someone else thinking of doing a whole salmon a heads up on what to be careful of.

Perf-P-Feast-msg (40K) 11/28/09 "Perfectly Period Feast" cooked by Mistress Crystal of the Westermark. A medieval feast, with atmosphere, 'done right'.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FEASTS/Perf-P-Feast-msg.html

Thanks,
  Stefan
--------