[Sca-cooks] Thoughts on food as medicine

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jan 14 19:31:38 PST 2011

Ok as for EEBO, those with access to this database can search for
Early English
works in a number of ways.

Let's see subject headings include:

Medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800
(There are 366 books here -- all before 1700. 108 have records that
indicate they were translated. Once you have the original titles you
could then search those titles for scans or digital copies in other
archives.)

Physicians-- England -- Early works to 1800

Pregnancy -- England -- Early Works to 1800

You could spend weeks going through these alone.

Johnnae