[Sca-cooks] Carrots in period

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Jan 20 06:48:29 PST 2011

Oh dear.... you must not get gardening catalogs at your house.
Even if you don't garden, they are great to browse and for food lovers
really a great source.

  The Detroit News had an article just this past week.
http://detnews.com/article/20090110/OPINION03/901100303/Catalogs-can-help-uproot-the-doldrums-of-winter
and recommended these catalogs:
• The Nichols Garden Seed Catalog, (800) 422-3985; www.nicholsgarden
nursery.com.

• Johnny's Selected Seeds, (877) 564-6697; www.johnnyseeds.com.

• Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, (417)-924-8917, www.rareseeds.com.

• Renee's Garden Seeds, www.reneesgarden.com.

  Thompson & Morgan, (800) 274-7333; www.thompsonandmorgan.com.

• Peaceful Valley Organics, (888) 784-1722 www.groworganic.com.

• Pinetree Garden Seeds, (207) 926-3400; www.superseeds.com.

• The Mail Order Gardening Association has a great Web site listing
dozens of great seed catalogs. Check it out at www.mailordergardening.com
.

I also wrote this article on the topic:
[PDF] The Citadel June 2009
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
On Gardens. Contributed by Johnnae llyn Lewis, CE. Outside the grass
is ...
www.cynnabar.org/files/citadel/Citadel2009-Jun.pdf

Note that the article is two years old, so some links may have to be
searched anew.

Johnnae