[Sca-cooks] OT - G'day Lords and Ladies and more on pies

V O voztemp at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 07:02:44 PST 2011

I saw a picture of these online, they truly look disgusting.  I didn't want to
disparage a locals custom, but eating them when well inebriated makes a lot more
sense.  And/or, selling them to the silly uninformed tourists that want to try
local delicacies.......  well I guess it is a case of buyer beware.

My roommate and I just had a discussion about Australian foods, as an area of
foods that we do not really have much information about.  What 'Are' foods that
are common to your country, not really found outside?  Things that you would
take a foreigner to try to show off the local cuisine?  And are there any cook
books you would recommend to get these recipes?

Thanks,

Mirianna