[Sca-cooks] OT - G'day Lords and Ladies and more on pies

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jan 26 12:15:09 PST 2011

There's the University of Adelaide’s Research Centre for the History
of Food and Drink and their seminars and papers.

Barbara Santich edited a volume called In the Land of the Magic
Pudding: A Gastronomic Miscellany
  which looks at Australian foods.

Or as described here:
"In the Land of the Magic Pudding is a fabulous potpourri of popular
writing by our top writers, on the theme of Australian cooking and
eating, the vital ingredient being the entertaining quality of the
prose. Through fiction, journalism, books of etiquette, letters,
diaries and travel accounts, the anthology presents wonderful reading
fodder from the eighteenth century (when Joseph Banks recorded his
experiences of eating indigenous foods) to the present day. " It's up
in part on Google books, inc. the famous cover.
Wakefield Press publishes a number of interesting historical cookery
books.
http://www.wakefieldpress.com.au/home.php?cat=8

Johnnae