[Sca-cooks] Adaptation and Redaction

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 10:52:48 PST 2011

While shopping at the local grocery store today I was thinking about
the choice of ingredients for our feasts and the terminology of
adaptation versus redaction, etc.
What about about modern ingredients and their use?
How many cooks create their feasts using only organic stone ground
flours, heirloom organic meats, and organic vegetables, fruits,
butters, imported cheeses, etc.?
Can one justify that expense which can easily be triple or more? Does
that make the recipe an adaptation?

Johnnae