[Sca-cooks] Midwinter's shrimp in sticky sauce

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Jan 28 18:24:38 PST 2011

<<< For that matter, I don't remember seeing either a menu or a feast report
for that event. :-)

Stefan >>>

<<< Oh yeah, it was there.  Cailte thanked me for the baking, so I remember it
fondly.

Bear >>>

<<< Quite honestly, they were cooked frozen shrimp, purchased by the two pound bag at Sam's Club.  I was able to thaw them, dry them, and toss them with the cold sauce much more easily than the original plan to simmer raw in the sauce.  Another short cut forced by the beauracracy of the State and the sad state of the kitchen.

I think I spent $100.00 on the shrimp, not a huge part of the budget.

Cailte >>>

Okay, I do remember the problems you were having with the beauracracy and how well you managed to overcome the problems. I did save your message for the feast-disasters-msg file for that reason.

I remember wishing for a more complete message I could turn into an article with recipes and detailed comments about the recipes and their pros and cons such as you see in the FEAST-REVIEWS section of the Florilegium.

However, even without all that, I'd still like to get your recipes for these shrimp dishes. Several bags of frozen shrimp IS what I have sitting in the freezer...

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com