[Sca-cooks] some liver and other offal recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 19:14:39 PST 2011

Ana commented:
<<< I came back from a month in Montevideo, my old hometown. We ate calf
intestine, really stunning good, it's eaten as a part of the "parrillada" or
barbecue. >>>

Interesting. I can buy sausage meat here, which is the sausage without the container. This idea of eating the container without the sausage meat is new, though. :-)

How were these served? As a pile of rings? Like you sometimes see with calamari? Or was this cut into strips? or what?  By itself, it sounds thin, filmy and insubstantial. Or was this as pieces mixed in with other pieces of meat?

This likely goes back to period, but do we have any mention of it or recipes?

Thanks,
  Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com