[Sca-cooks] tasting table

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Mon Jan 31 04:43:29 PST 2011

Stefan, you can set these up however you prefer. The reasons for
bringing a bunch of different things is to help people find something
they like, give them a wider idea of what's available, and share the
work. Certainly, it's quite possible to assign a series of dishes to a
group of people, but unless several either live together or very
close, or it's an event that lasts a couple days, it's generally not
practical for people to try to cook together. People in cooking guilds
tend to live fairly far apart, and event facilities tend to be used
for the formal meals.

Certainly, depending on circumstances, all of these issues can be
overcome, but when you're dealing with a bunch od volunteers,
flexibility's the key.

I liked the idea a great dealo when the EK Cook's Guild was doing it.
It might be time to rattklre a few trees, and see if we can get people
doing it again.