[Sca-cooks] Chafing dishes was period food suggestions, for pot lucks

Ursula Georges ursula at tutelaries.net
Mon Jan 3 13:17:30 PST 2011

On 1/1/2011 12:06 PM, sca-cooks-request at lists.ansteorra.org wrote:
> That would be wonderful, Thank you*so*  much! There doesn't seem to
> be any rhyme or reason to the google books; sometimes I can access
> stuff with no problem, but more often than not, I get a message along
> the lines of "this is only available to people in the US". At this
> point,I tend to save messages with GB suggestions, and any time
> I*can*  access their ebooks, I just download everything I can...that
> works ok for things I'm just casually interested in, but if I'm
> actively looking into something, it can be a bit problematic (is that
> 1 m or 2? both look wrong)....
>
> Dan

Dan, one way to get around this is to use a proxy server which makes you
look like you're in the US.  I've had good results with proxify.com and
its mirrors in the past.  (Folks playing with this in the US might want
to try looking at books.google.com through proxify.co.uk , to see what
the Internet looks like from England.)

Ursula Georges.