[Sca-cooks] camphor

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 24 00:29:52 PST 2011

Caitriona MacDhonnachaidh said:
<<< I have recently obtained several bottles of edible camphor for sale. ... The 100 gram bottle would likely serve for many
recipes. >>>

I didn't think there would be all that many recipes that would call for this. But on doing a search in the Florilegium, using the search engine on the top page of the site, I found a surprising number of food recipes that do, as well as other recipes.

I may just have to get some. I wonder how long it will last before spoiling or the essence escapes.  I still have a container of frankincense I bought at Pennsic a number of years ago, simply because it was unusual and I thought I might find a use for it.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com