[Sca-cooks] some liver and other offal recipes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jan 27 22:53:06 PST 2011

Antonia di Benedetto Calvo said:
<<< Ok, fair enough... I have seen chicken liver at a feast, and I would
certainly consider chicken or duck liver if I saw a good recipe.  I
wouldn't rule out any kind of offal at the outset, but since I'm not
familiar with all of it, there would have to be some advance
recipe/deliciosity testing. >>>

Perhaps some of the recipes we've discussed in the past might be of interest?

liver-msg (46K) 1/15/08 Medieval cooking of liver. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/liver-msg.html

tongue-msg (33K) 9/24/10 Medieval cooking of tongue. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/tongue-msg.html

organ-meats-msg (102K) 9/24/10 Period cooking of organ meats, unusual parts.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/organ-meats-msg.html

Stefan
(My apologies if this is a case of the following: "I find that all too
often very useful discussions on this and other lists get entirely
derailed because someone pulls a single, generalized comment out of a
very reasonable post and makes it a subject for argument.  You seem to
do this on this list a lot.  I'm not a mind reader, but it appears
that you do this specifically for the purpose of finding opportunities
to promote your collection of articles." ) Any comments appreciated.

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com