[Sca-cooks] State of Teeth in Middle Ages

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jan 28 12:30:17 PST 2011

Greetings!  I want to echo the comments that dental health during the Middle Ages was better than we thought.  I'm not sure about specific articles on dental health, but the most recent mention was in an article cited by SCAtoday.  You can find it at http://www.economist.com/node/17722650 .  It's an article about the Battle of Towton and the violence of that battle.  The teeth part is in the section called "Who Are You Calling Short?"

Alys K.