[Sca-cooks] Picture of a spice plate

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Thu Jul 7 10:06:29 PDT 2011

I think these may be confection plates/bowls that I found using the key
word 'schale' dated between 1500 and 1600 on bildindex.  I would wonder if
there was a differentiation between confits and spices in terms of
service?  I wonder if there may be more information in the apothecary
books in the confection sections...

http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi05425d02a.jpg
http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi07010b03a.jpg
http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/mi07010b02a.jpg