[Sca-cooks] aileron

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Jul 9 19:55:55 PDT 2011

Aileron in English is derived from Latin via Old French into modern French 
aileron which is a diminutive form of aile or wing.  It translates from the 
French as pinion which may either be a wing or a primary feather.  In 
English, aileron refers to the wing flaps of an aircraft used in turning and 


> In Spanish this means the movable part of the wing. Although most commonly 
> used for airplanes, it comes from the part of the bird's wing. Aren't all 
> the parts moveable? If not which parts are not? and which part is the 
> aileron?
> Suey

More information about the Sca-cooks mailing list