[Sca-cooks] OT: Fwd: [CALONTIR] Free Anglo-Saxon books

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 06:19:20 PDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 3:04 AM, Margaret Rendell
<m_rendell at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Unfortunately, the Anglo-Saxon chronicle shows as "not available for customers from Australia" :(
> the others look available, though :)

Like many of their free classics, it came from another source, in this
case Porject Gutenberg.  The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle is available there,
but also at one of my favorite sources for public domain ebooks,
manybooks.net.  Here's the link for the Chronicle, which can be
downloaded in over a dozen different format, including Kindle, PDF,
and plain vanilla text:
http://www.manybooks.net/titles/anonetext96angsx10.html

Brighid ni Chiarain