[Sca-cooks] 2011 IACP Award Winners

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 09:20:38 PDT 2011

The IACP cookbook winners were announced last night.

Johnnae
http://www.iacp.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=1042

American
"The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern"
Author(s): Matt Lee, Ted Lee

Baking: Savory or Sweet

"Chewy Gooey Crispy Crunchy Melt-in-Your-Mouth Cookies"

Author(s): Alice Medrich

Culinary History
"Culinary Ephemera: An Illustrated History"
Author(s): William Woys Weaver

Compilations

"The Essential New York Times Cookbook"
Author(s): Amanda Hesser

Chefs and Restaurants
"Flying Pans: Two Chefs, One World"
Author(s): Bernard Guillas, Ron Oliver

Children, Youth and Family
"Sara Moulton's Everyday Family Dinners"
Author(s): Sara Moulton

First Book
"Fried Chicken & Champagne: A Romp Through the Kitchen at Pomegranate
Bistro"
Author(s): Lisa Dupar

Food Matters: TIE
"American Wasteland"
Author(s): Jonathan Bloom

"Good Meat"
Author(s): Deborah Krasner

Food Photography and Styling
"Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine"
Author(s): René Redzepi

General
"Around My French Table: More Than 300 Recipes From My Home To Yours"
Author(s): Dorie Greenspan

Health and Special Diet

"Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs"
Author(s): Catharine Powers, Mary Abbott Hess

International
"The Country Cooking of Ireland"
Author(s): Coleman Andrews

Literary Food Writing
"As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child & Avis DeVoto"
Author(s): Joan Reardon

Professional Kitchens
"Wedding Cake Art and Design: A Professional Approach"
Author(s): Toba Garrett

Food and Beverage Reference/Technical
"Food Styling: The Art of Preparing Food for the Camera"
Author(s): Delores Custer

Single Subject
"Meat: A Kitchen Education"
Author(s): James Peterson

Wine, Beer or Spirits
"Asian Palate"
Author(s): Jeannie Cho Lee

The Design Award
"Noma: Time and Place in Nordic Cuisine"
Author(s): René Redzepi

First Book
"Fried Chicken & Champagne: A Romp Through the Kitchen at Pomegranate
Bistro"
Author(s): Lisa Dupar

The Jane Grigson Award: TIE
"Chanterelle Dreams, Amanita Nightmares: The Love, Lore, and Mystique
of Mushrooms"
Author(s): Greg Marley

"What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets"

Author(s): Peter Menzel, Faith D'Aluisio

The People's Choice Award

"Flying Pans: Two Chefs, One World"
Author(s): Bernard Guillas, Ron Oliver

Book of the Year Award