[Sca-cooks] ISO resources for history of cast iron cookware

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jun 14 13:30:18 PDT 2011

I have several books on kitchen equipment. Inc. Irons in the Fire.
There's Yarwood, a shire album or two, let's see what else...
I have several of Peter Brears' pottery volumes; several on silverware, etc. grates, spit irons, etc.

(has anyone checked Brears' books for cast iron references?)
Stuart Press has two volumes.
Cookery Techniques and Equipment 1580-1660	Stuart Peachey
Volume 1: Fuel and cooking methods and equipment including ovens, roasting, boiling, grilling etc.			£7
Volume 2: Food preparation methods and equipment including grinding, sorting, drying, cutting, colouring etc.

Prospect Books also has books that might be of interest. However, the books are at home and I am on the road.

Bibliography? YES
I did a readers guide several years back on equipment. It would have to be redone.

Have you checked Dame Katja's paper?
http://www.katjaorlova.com/MedievalKitchenEquipment.htm

Johnnae