[Sca-cooks] Dutch ovens was history of cast iron cookware

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Sat Jun 18 01:26:06 PDT 2011

Of course an alternative history can be found in the reference volume

Encyclopedia of kitchen history - Page 330

Mary Ellen Snodgrass - 2004 - 684 pages - Google eBook
The Dutch oven combined the convenience of pot oven and hang-over
oven. Standing on stout legs, the enclosed ... The Mayflower Pilgrims
introduced the Dutch oven to the New World in 1620. They chose it over
other cookware for its many uses  during a long voyage where space was
limited.

Johnnae

Begin forwarded message: