[Sca-cooks] cooking as art or service

Ginny Beatty ginbeatty at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:08:25 PDT 2011

> I had this discussion when I attended West Kingdom
> Crown 2 weeks ago. According to people I spoke to
> out there, they consider it a Service, thus
> Cooking Pelicans are more recognized in the West.

I wonder who you were talking to. We've got several Cooking Laurels
here in the West, but I can't really think of too many Pelicans who
got their feathers primarily for putting on feasts. I'm a Laurel
primarily for cooking, but my Pelican has nothing to do with running
feasts.

Juana Isabella
West

Juana,
Several people mentioned it to me in conversations, but I think it is
also a public perception. Those involved with not *just* the sit-down
feasts but feeding people (sideboards, soup kitchens, Wars, etc. ) as
well as feast setup/cleanup, who are recognized for that service.

Gwyneth