[Sca-cooks] Mysterious Longish Things

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Jun 30 02:41:26 PDT 2011

On 6/29/2011 10:09 PM, David Walddon wrote:
> Did some one say this already?
> I have been following the conversation but not in detail.
> Are they bread loaves?
> They always appear with fish.
> The proverbial Loaves and Fishes.
>
> Eduardo

The round ones with the + on them are certainly loaves. But the ones
under discussion are the long skinny guys, which are sops. It is 2:30 in
the morning and I'm leaving at noon or I'd go scrabbling in my files. As
well as being discussed by Henisch, I'm pretty sure that one of more of
the manners texts I've written on talked about them. I think it was in
the list of how to lay the table.

Why am I always up all night the night before a long event? You'd think
after 22 years I'd have learned better...

Liutgard

--
"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."  -Albus Dumbledore