[Sca-cooks] Arabic books of husbandry (emilio szabo)

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 7 12:44:57 PDT 2011

>From: emilio szabo <emilio_szabo at yahoo.it>
>To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
>Subject: [Sca-cooks] Arabic books of husbandry
>

>http://filaha.org/
>
>E.
>
>From the intro site:

Emilio, this is wonderful. I have been trying to find out more in a particular filaha text that allegedly commented on onion-growing practices in Sicily. Apparently these Sicilian farmers were acknowledged as the experts. I think it was the text attributed to ibn Bassan.

I understand that Giarratana, in the province of Ragusa, is known today for growing enormous sweet white onions. They have an onion festival every August, the Sagra de Cipolle:

http://blog.italian-connection.com/living-in-italy/sicily-onion-festival

And apparently onions weren't all they were grilling that that festival ...

YIS,
Adelisa