[Sca-cooks] Ceramic Spit Supports

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sun Jun 19 09:05:33 PDT 2011

Not sure what you've been seeing, but small, relatively light spit set
ups are  easy to make and transport.

Here are a couple of commercial ones, similar to what I make:

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Outdoors___Camping___Campfire___Tripod_with_Chain_for_Cast_Iron_Cookware_over_an_open_fire___203TP2?Args=

On these, I can make  them any size,and they can either be in the
tripod  configuration like you see here, or with two uprightsand the
bar laying across. I made mine with legs a bit over 6 ft long, and
heavy bar  shock, to handle my 32" cast iron pot, like this  one:

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Kitchen___Cookware___Cast_Iron_Cookware___Sugaring_Kettles___205#2010

However, it's easy to make  them any size.

And, there's also this item:

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Outdoors___Camping___Open_Fire_Cooking_Iron_Stand___86421?Args=

I made one of these and gave it to Ras several years ago. These also
are easy to make.

If you want to minimize soot and dirt, all you need to do is  make  a
bag to transport them in.