[Sca-cooks] How long does pepper retain its potency?

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Jun 20 15:42:05 PDT 2011

Hate to tell you this, but most of the stuff that is found in various
archeological contexts are determined by comparisons (for items that retain
their normal shape), chemical analysis and genetic analysis.  There is a
case or two of growing grain from recovered seeds, but for the most part the
stuff is unusable if not unrecognizable.

Bear